Monday, April 20, 2009

UG! Help!







2 comments:

David said...

Hmmm..for me, the two at the top are moving in a good direction, in terms of the text subhead fanning out and things getting a little squished. Maybe the one with the distressed type I like a little bit better but I think the distress shouldn't just end in such sharp edges the way it is right now. Are you pulling from the woodtype stuff? Maybe a little distressing around it like from a woodblock print.

Other thought, it's at a slightly odd angle for me. I feel like you could either read it horizontal and stack the letters on top of each other, or read it vertical and stretch the spacing out to fill that space. But I'm not loving the ones where you put "surface" between the people; it breaks up the space of the photo.

...a little wordy but I hope that helps.

............................ said...

like the bars with the type, but set in the pic at the angle of the swimmers like the top two (ish).

don't know why you're struggling with this so much?

maybe psyching yourself out?

you have good skills and a eye for what works.

trust your intuition.

and, perhaps switch photographs or story for a break from this.

come back when you have a few new ideas.

also, you tend to use the same typography or at least the same sort of typography.

while it mostly works for you, in this case you're struggling.

try something you would never use.

do all this at 72 dpi with a screen grab in photoshop.

that way nothing is special, everything is negotiable.

if you figure something you like, go back to high res to try it.

love.

g.